BY HITI KHATWANI
Spaghetti is one of the most loved meals by all age groups. Italian food in general is loved by most of the population. Aglio Olio is one of the easiest and yummiest recipes to recreate.
Ingredients : ● 500 g spaghetti, No5 ● 80 ml olive oil, extra virgin ● 6 clove(s) of garlic, thinly sliced ● 5 sprig(s) thyme, only the leaves, finely chopped ● 1 pinch chili flakes ● parsley, fresh ● 100 g parmesan cheese, grated + extra for serving
Preparation : ● Boil the spaghetti in a pot full of boiling salted water. Cook for 1 minute less than the instructions on the package.
● While the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce.
● Place a wide pan over low heat.
● Add the olive oil and garlic. The heat needs to be low so that the olive oil doesn’t burn and the garlic has enough time to infuse it with its aroma.
● Add the chili flakes (1-4 pinches, depending on your tastes), fresh thyme and freshly ground pepper. Stir.
● As soon as the garlic starts to turn golden, your sauce is ready. Add 2 tablespoons of the boiling pasta water and stir.
● Drain the pasta and add them to the pan. Toss to coat.
● Remove from heat. Add the parsley, basil and parmesan.
● Set them aside for 5 minutes, until they soak up the sauce.
● Season to taste and serve with extra grated parmesan and basil leaves.