BY HITI KHATWANI
Brownies are a perfect delicious go-to snack for every soul who is a fan of chocolate. Lucky for me, while experimenting with baking, I always found it impossible to bake fudgy brownies without egg but I finally discovered a recipe that gives us perfectly irresistible, chewy and yummy fudgy brownies.
Let’s get started.
- 100 g dark/bittersweet chocolate (50% cocoa)
- (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- ½ tsp instant coffee powder
- ½ cup cream cheese or yogurt at room temperature
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 g dark chocolate chopped in chunks
- If someone doesn’t prefer dark bitter chocolate you can use milk chocolate too. It will just be sweeter.
- Dark brown sugar: granulated white sugar but the brownies will be less chewy.
1. Chop 100 g of dark chocolate.
2. In a heatproof large bowl, add the chopped chocolate, butter and place the bowl over a utensil filled with hot water and out the stove to slightly melt. You can also use a microwave for the melting process.
3. To the melted chocolate add dark brown sugar, caster sugar, salt, coffee powder and mix until combined.
4. Add cream cheese or yogurt. The cream cheese gives a more fudgy taste to the brownies which is why it’s recommended. Also, remember to whisk the ingredients well so they have NO LUMPS! Add vanilla paste and mix just until combined.
5. Add sifted flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and gently fold with a spatula until they are all well combined.
6. Incorporate 70 g of chopped dark chocolate.
7. Transfer the batter into a 20x20cm-8x8inch baking pan lined with parchment paper.
8. Place 30 g of chopped dark chocolate on top.
And there you have it!